Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Hello, QuiltCon!


In less than two short weeks, I'll be in Austin for my second QuiltCon. I can't wait! I joined in on the #helloquiltcon hashtag on Instagram, but thought I'd post an introduction here as well. The old blog is pretty quiet these days (I think I just saw a tumbleweed blow by!), so if you want to find me, I'll be on Instagram as @hollybroadland. You can also learn about me on my About page

Hi! I'm Holly and I'm the founder and Co-President of the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild. For the past five years, the VMQG has been the main focus of my life outside of family. It has been a wonderful place to find new friends and get inspired to quilt. It's also been a way of defining myself outside of my treasured roles as wife and mother, and I appreciate that to no end! I'm also a keener who volunteers for The MQG on the Leadership Conference Commitee.

Here's my QuiltCon schedule (I'll also be at the Leadership Meet & Greet on Friday night and the Leadership Conference all day Monday):



A few random facts about me:

1) I was born in Campbell River on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.

2) I'm a chronic procrastinator (case in point, I haven't ordered my #quiltconpinswap buttons yet and I fly out on the 18th!).

3) I was a high school rower for three years and competed twice in the Canadian high school rowing championships in St. Catharines, Ontario. If I'm on your team, I will pull hard and not complain.

4) I'm a wannabe librarian and I love substitute teaching in school libraries. 

5) I'm on the introverted side, but when I'm around my quilty peeps, my extroverted side comes out. I can't wait to connect with lots of online friends while I'm at QuiltCon!

6) I love books. I can't imagine life without a book on the go at all times. I'm currently reading "Wings of Fire: The Dark Secret" by Tui T. Sutherland because my seven year old got me into this series about dragons.

7) I'm a lefty who prints neatly.

8) You know the saying, "Who doesn't love free stuff?"? Well, it's me. I don't love free stuff. I'm an environmentalist who lives in a small space and I already feel overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in our two-bedroom condo. Last night, I ordered pizza and they gave me a free plastic plate and I handed it right back to the delivery guy.

9) If I weren't an elementary school substitute teacher, I could see myself being a copy editor. I just can't help spotting spelling mistakes!

10) I don't wear makeup. I didn't even wear any for my wedding because it would have weirded out my husband. The closest thing I have that resembles makeup is Burt's Bees lip balm with a little pink tint to it.

11) I love my Converse All Stars! I had a green pair in high school and now I have a red pair. I kinda want a whole rainbow of them (I am Rainbow Girl, after all!).

If you see me at QuiltCon, please come up and say hi!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails